which to make

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyChopps

Reaction score
My wife really likes frambrose but after reading into I do not want to wait that long or the possible contamination from Lambics. So my question is I want to make a raspberry beer for my wife that is on the sweeter side. I plan to rack the beer on berries in the secondary. So for a good "base" beer should I go with a lightly hopped brown or a weak wheat to get the best fruit utilization this is my first fruit beer and want to get the best result for my wifey. Thanks Chopps

Wheat IMO. An American wheat with a clean yeast strain, not a German strain.

Or...try a Belgian White with Belgian Wit yeast since she likes Lambics. Replace the normal spices of orange/coriander with raspberries.

Thanks for the replies for the record my wife likes the lindermans lambic so if anyone know of really sweet beer recipe ( sweet as as in sugar not awesome ) please give me a heads up thanks Chopps

+1 for wheats or wits with fruit. I'd probably go with Revvy's Leffe Clone or Beirmuncher's SWMBO slayer. Both can be found in the Belgian and French ales in the recipe section. I think Revvy even talks about putting fruit and lactose in his Leffe.

Back