What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going big tonight if anyone cares

Enjoy!

Made reubens for the crazy geuze tasting this weekend. Baked the bread, made the 1000 island from homemade tomato jam, green tomato relish, and (gasp) store bought mayo (duke's), made the kraut, made corned beef, & store bought Swiss due to farmers market weather snafus. Took the leftovers to 11 with a fried egg. Paired with la Roja thanks to fuzzy mittens. Thanks bud. I know ya'll don't care.

Forgot to get pickles in the pic, they're okra.

Niiiice.

Just finished a St. Bernardus Pater 6. First St Bernardus for me, I think...

Might have to give this a try, I don't have that much cascade in the house so unless iI make a run not this weekend, what yeast?
Very cool fish tank!!

;)

:off:
LOL. Even though I didn't move from a 2'x2' area the entire dive (except to search for teeth afterwards, and I found one!) that was still one of my favorite dives I have ever done. 40+ sharks all around me, bumping into me, sanding my mask down with their skin as they lazily ignored my presence. My recommendation is that if you get a chance to do a shark dive, do it!
end / :off:

Yeast was US-05. Hop schedule was 2oz at 20, 1 oz at 15, 10, 5, 0. 1 ounce dry hop. Insane aroma and flavor. The bitterness is so mellow that I wouldn't call it bitter at all. I did this as the first batch on my new EHERMS system since I didn't know what my efficiency would be so I figured I might as well experiment. Efficiency ended up at 85% and I ended up with a 6.6% ABV pale ale that tastes and smells like starfruit.:drunk: OG 1.064, FG 1.014. When I do it again I will use less base malt and try to hit around 1.050.

Is it really any good?

I live less than 5 minutes from DC and about 15 minutes from the brewery (if traffic agrees with me), and I've actually never had that one. Then again, I'm not much of an IIPA guy.

Not quite as good as Deus ex Machina (which I think was a one-off) but I think it's pretty damn good. Up there with any other DIPA out there

Methinks this'll be a nightcap for me.

20140219_224452[1].jpg

What the eff?!?! I go away for a few hours and everybody starts feeding a troll!! :mad: ;)
Well, if anyone cares, I had 3 Shiner Bocks and a Blue moon while hanging out with some friends.
Now I'm back home and lounging with the clown. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392869082.494724.jpg

Geez I walk away for 7 hrs and I'm over 100 posts behind. Bunch a lushes!

I had a few Riot Rye Pale Ales from Monocacy Brewing Co (über homer) followed by one or two Lagunitas Fusion 18s (amazing).

Any regulars here interested in some fresh DC Brau On the Wings of Armageddon?

I picked up a case and kinda want to share. That is if I don't drink it all first...

Let me know if there's any interest.

I'm somewhat interested. Love to try it.

Sent from desk of Hedly Lamar. Thats HEDLY!

What the eff?!?! I go away for a few hours and everybody starts feeding a troll!! :mad: ;)
Well, if anyone cares, I had 3 Shiner Bocks and a Blue moon while hanging out with some friends.
Now I'm back home and lounging with the clown. View attachment 180689

How is it? Lucky I found a bottle and hoping to find one more

How is it? Lucky I found a bottle and hoping to find one more

Meh, I might not seek out another bottle. I was hoping for more. This is my least favorite of the series. But your opinion may vary. I can't help but compare it to Doom. And it's nowhere near on the same level as Doom. It's worth a try and I'm glad I got it, just not something I'm going crazy over.

Meh, I might not seek out another bottle. I was hoping for more. This is my least favorite of the series. But your opinion may vary. I can't help but compare it to Doom. And it's nowhere near on the same level as Doom. It's worth a try and I'm glad I got it, just not something I'm going crazy over.

Got mine in the fridge right now. Guess I'll have it before buying another one. So it's not on the same level as Doom?

Got mine in the fridge right now. Guess I'll have it before buying another one. So it's not on the same level as Doom?

In my opinion, no, it is not on the same level. If it's in the fridge, you might as well open it now. ;)

I lied about the nightcap.

This will be the last for the night. As far as an English Brown, it's definitely a Coniston beer (much of the same malt character and yeast character as the other two) plus that chocolatey nutty goodness I'd expect from a brown. Not as good as the Sam Smith Nut Brown, but damned tasty, and I'm glad I grabbed it. First time I'd seen it around here.

20140219_232834[1].jpg

In my opinion, no, it is not on the same level. If it's in the fridge, you might as well open it now. ;)

Well I forgot it in the truck so it just went in. Tomorrow for sure. Surprised you drank yours so fast.

Plus not my cellar is pretty much full. I need to get a drinking

First few pours of version 1 of my Amarillo Fever IPA off the keg. Looks beautiful and tastes mighty fine as well. A few tweaks in version 2 should make for a damn fine house ipa

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back