siphoning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sayin' it ain't so but I doubt that that little bubble caused your beer to be oxidized. Usually that little bubble and it's smaller cohorts are created by CO2 coming out of solution as the beer flows through the autosiphon. So usually the bubbles that you see are not O2 but CO2.
You’re right.
Plus, I would not think it would have affected so many of the brews. I could see the first or second one being that way but at least 10 half liter bottles were. Also these were from 4 different jugs because of the yeast experiment I was doing.

Looking back, the only thing I can think of is I got careless and in a hurry when I poured the brew into the bottle bucket. I guess since I had not had any problems before, I rushed the pour. Next time I will just siphon it over gently into the bucket. By then I will also have the tap installed.

If you ever have a beer you worked lovingly on turn to wet cardboard, you will never be apathetic on the bottle step again. Lesson learned here, for sure.

BTW: Thanks for the input guys. It made me look back and really think about what happened.

Back