29 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a big Beatles fan, but I can respect their songwriting and of course it's always hard to face when someone of peace dies for no good reason. RIP John (and George).

Sad day, even though he was before my time, his music still means a lot to me.

Yesterday was also 5 years since we lost Dimebag Darrell, not the same as John still a tragic loss none the less.

RIP John and Darrell.

Same here, I discovered the Beatles by accident, while snooping through my parents' vinyl collection, playing them one by one in the dark basement. Two records really stood out, Let it Be, and Crime of the century by Supertramp. I was young, and blown away, and have been a huge fan ever since. As a musician, I can really appreciate the song writing that to this day, VERY VERY FEW have been able to match. You can train and teach the technical side of music until you're blue in the face, but you cannot teach song writing IMO.

What's wrong with Yoko?

I'm actually asking honestly ... she's a pretty interesting artist, IMO. Or at least she's done some pretty crazy, ballsy stuff. I'd take her over Linda McCartney any day. Or Pattie Boyd (whom Eric Clapton stole from George).

Patti was a pretty face, Linda was nice, and Yoko Ono was an artistic type. Not everyone is looking for the absolute hottest wife, some just fall in love with the right person. I think what John and Yoko had was amazing, (from what we knew as the public). But I think it shows in all the footage of them, they were always together ... I admire it. That's the kind of relationship I have with my GF of 5 years.

Back