• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

TWO HBT.com pint glasses, $15 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bad coffee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 4 pint glasses, but only have room for two! So the other two have to go!

I'll ship fedex ground this week.

B

Not to sound like a jerk or anything but if 4 cost $24 shipped then shouldn't 2 cost $12 shipped?

If you will take $12 then I'm interested, PM me. (as long as you don't tell SWMBO! lol)

Right. Think of it this way (USPS flat rate shipping used for the purposes of example...FedEx/UPS won't be much different): you put four glasses into a USPS flat rate shipping container. Shipping costs about $8. If you only put two glasses into the same container, shipping still costs the same $8. So, if four glasses cost $24 with shipping, each glass alone costs $4. It follows, then, that two glasses with shipping should cost $16, not $12.

Sorry, bad coffee...figured I'd pipe up in your defense. Didn't mean to thread-jack.

yuri,
I appreciate the explanation, things aren't always as simple as they seem.

That makes sense. I don't ship a lot of things so I would not have thought of that. Good explanation.

First, pint glasses are SOLD!

Second, Yuri, no problem on the hijack. You're right about the shipping. It's *&&^$% expensive nowadays. I took five 2# packages to the post office yesterday and shipping was $45! Whatever happened to the PO being cheaper than Fedex? Now I'm just going to ship via Fedex, and not have to wait in line at the PO!

Someone can close this thread!

B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back