Best way to remove glue from plastic sticker lables?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxiderush

Reaction score
I have amstel light bottles, and it's a pain in the ass to get them de-labled. I can get the actual sticker off somewhat easy, but it still has the sticky circle. Should i just junk em? I love the short sierra nevada bottles, they're extremely easy. Thanks.

i had them in my oxyclean bucket with all the other bottles, and nothing. I left some with the plastic sticker, and some without the sticker, so the oxyclean was right on the glue. I delabled 4 cases of bottles that day, and those didn't even budge.

soak in star san overnight. the acidity helps break down the glue. even then they still suck (i had some wine bottles with this type of label). Goo Gone may also be helpful, but a lot of elbow grease is what is likely needed.

soak em in Hot water with dishwasher soap, like cascade i like to use the powder stuff. then peel the label off- rub off the glue and stick em in the dishwasher...they come out clean.

Back