Needing help with abbreviations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spicemon1972

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm just a noob but I see a lot of acronyms on these boards and I really don't have a clue what they mean. Does anyone have a cheat sheet?
Some examples:
SWMHBO
RDWHAHB

I know this is silly, but a little help will let me decipher the posts here a bit!

I think you may have the first one backwards: SWHMBO (someone who must be obeyed)
RDWHAHB: relax don't worry have a homebrew

avidhomebrewer said:
I think you may have the first one backwards: SWHMBO (someone who must be obeyed)

Ahhh I see now!
SWHMBO - wife or significant other. That's a good one!
RDWHAHB - something I was doing anyway.

Any more common ones I need to know?

You're off by a bit.
SWMBO: SHE Who Must Be Obeyed. Usually the wife. Not that I HAFTA obey my wife. It's just works out better for me in the long run...

You're off by a bit.
SWMBO: SHE Who Must Be Obeyed. Usually the wife. Not that I HAFTA obey my wife. It's just works out better for me in the long run...

Ah, I forgot about that one. Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I don't obey either one!

Check the sticky FAQ in this section, Handy Acronyms. Lots of other good stuff there too. You will know you have arrived when you understand EAC. However that will take many hours to derive.

I guess I will never know what EAC stands for :( cuz if I am going to drop $125 on a membership, I will prolly use that money for brewing gear. Only so much money I can claim from the SWMBO.

Bigcorona said:
Check the sticky FAQ in this section, Handy Acronyms. Lots of other good stuff there too. You will know you have arrived when you understand EAC. However that will take many hours to derive.

EAC = Exact Audio Copy, the holy grail from my live music form days. Maybe not so much here. The only other meaning I can come up with is rather obscene.

downtown3641 said:
EAC = Exact Audio Copy, the holy grail from my live music form days. Maybe not so much here. The only other meaning I can come up with is rather obscene.

Anyone with kids knows the EAC is the East Australian Current...

barneygumble said:
I guess I will never know what EAC stands for :( cuz if I am going to drop $125 on a membership, I will prolly use that money for brewing gear. Only so much money I can claim from the SWMBO.

You can get a 1 year membership for $25. Seems a pretty small price to pay for all the great stuff I have found here.

Back