nugget hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffg

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on Nugget hops. I want to jazz up my APA recipe by trying something differnet from the usual suspect that all start with the letter "c".

Let me know if you used as bittering, aroma, dry etc. and what style of beer.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

In Clone Brews, they have the SNPA using Nugget (bittering), Perle (flavor) and Cascade (aroma).

In reality, SNPA is made with Magnum, Perle and Cascade.

I had already used the Nuggets before hearing about the Magnums. The brew turned out rather well, if I say so myself. Nuggets or Magnums would be a good choice, though go with Magnums if you want more of the SNPA taste

I use it as my primary bittering hop for all styles, saving my other hops for flavoring and aroma. Never heard/or tried it as an aroma or flavor but curious myself what the results would be.

Thanks guys. I have nugget and magnum handy, both of which I have never used before, so unless my nose says differently I will probably bitter with the Magnum and flavor with the nugget. Possibly an odd combo, but I really want to try something new...

I have used a lot of Nugget, and it has produced greast beer. It is a high AAU hops, so it is great for bittering, which I did. Every brew was 60min boil minimum, with 2 @75 minutes. The next brew I do is using Nugget also, pellets BTW, with fresh organic Cascade for aroma/flavor. I think that they work well together.

Back