If you use carbonation drops...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
I started using brewers best carb drops for carbing a 6 pack and kegging the rest. I bottled 2 pale ales 3 weeks ago and 2 porters today. Competition is in november. I'm worried about them being over carbed though using the tabs. At what point should i pop these in the fridge to avoid over carbing?

what brand? If you used these (and followed directions) you will be fine and won't suddenly overcarb due to not being in the fridge soon enough:

http://labelpeelers.com/brewers-bes...nYsehkAE6sFfRMR7kRPGcKH4OPbSmTp8MQaAuLb8P8HAQ

(regardless of brand - eventual overcarbing shouldn't ever happen, unless you have some bacteria or brett yeast (AKA infection) that continues to eat the sugars as time goes on....)

They should be done in 3 weeks. I use the Morebeer version sometimes and haven't had any issue except occasional UNDER carbing.

They should be done in 3 weeks. I use the Morebeer version sometimes and haven't had any issue except occasional UNDER carbing.

Should I refrigerate after 3 weeks then? Or can I leave them out? The morebeer look exsctly the same as the brewers best.

Before you fridge 'em chill one and crack it open first. If you have the time, bottled aged at lager temp for as long as possible (dependent on style of course) I've found helps with clarity as well as taste, so yes, put them in the fridge after they're carbed.

Back