Keg issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo_beer

Reaction score
Help!
Kegged my first beer a week ago. Let it sit for a couple of days and it was working just fine. Carbonated ok, left a few days out of town and now beer won't come out. Tried changing the PSI and only get a little bit before it stops. Any ideas? I do have co2
Thanks,

Jim

Are you sure the lines arent frozen at some point? That happened to me alot when I first started kegging and I realized that small spots near the top of the kegerator lines were frozen. Try opening the door for 15min and running your hands along the lines ot warm them and feel if the tube is frozen stiff

Thank you both. I'll thought about the clogged tube because I did dry hop. I'm just scared to pop open the pouring side of the keg and getting anything in there. Any suggestions?

Thank you both. I'll thought about the clogged tube because I did dry hop. I'm just scared to pop open the pouring side of the keg and getting anything in there. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't worry about that. By the time the connector is off the poppet is closed. Spray a little Starsan on the post before re-connecting.

You might try shaking the keg a little to see if that loosens anything up.

Also make sure the gas valves are open. I had one closed once when I was sure it was open.

If you have quick disconnects, just swap the liquid and gas posts and shoot some co2 into the liquid out at a slightly higher psi. Purge, reapply the gas again, repurge, then switch connects and set to serving psi and hopefully you're good.

If you have quick disconnects, just swap the liquid and gas posts and shoot some co2 into the liquid out at a slightly higher psi. Purge, reapply the gas again, repurge, then switch connects and set to serving psi and hopefully you're good.
Ive used this method with success but DO NOT just switch the QDs to the posts. They are different sizes and will get stuck on the posts. YOu need to take off the gas and liquid QDs attached to the lines, and put a ball lock QD on your gas line and then put that onto the beer/out post

Also, be sure your regulator pressure is higher than your kegs pressure or youll get liquid in your gas line

Back