Blueberry Blush

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonbrewlab

Reaction score
A light, slightly citrusy blush with a nice sharp bite, good mouthfeel, and a good berry bouquet.

Recipe is for 2 gallons of finished wine with no topping up. Recipe does not include in writing your standards of good winemaking practice (pectic enzyme, Campen Tablets, when and how often to rack, stabilizing, etc. There is nothing fancy here - consult your favorite wine making text or experience for process ).

4 lbs frozen blueberries (regular or wild) - thawed and crushed
2 12 oz cans of mixed berry juice concentrate
1 64 oz bottle of berry blend
1 lb raisin, rehydrated and chopped
1/2 tsp tannin
2 tsp acid blend
2 tsp yeast nutrient
1.75 gal water (not including the soaking water from the raisins)
4 lbs sugar
Yeast - I used champagne , I believe. If you prefer semi sweet Cotes de Blancs might be better

Your volume in primary should be around 2.5 gal. I saved all fluid, racking the thinner parts of the slurry into mason jars and throwing them in the fridge to clear and seperate.

Given the low fruit content this will clear quickly - mine went from primary to bottle in 10 weeks, and I opened the first one tonight.

When I taste tested this at bottling, it was insipid and thin. Aged real well even in 2 months - I am hoping that some makes it to winter.

Back