Cool beer bars in Manhattan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edm1602

Reaction score
I'm sure there are a ton, but can anyone recommend a cool beer bar with some quality selections in NYC (Manhattan)? My girlfriend is whisking me to the city currently and I had no time to preplan!

We enjoyed the Heartland Brewery. I can't remember where exactly it's located, but they had some pretty good house brews, tasty food and a nice Prix Fixe menu. Plus we were getting flights with eight 5oz glasses for $13. It was a good deal seeing as pints were $7. Wherever you go prepare for sticker shock on booze, we couldn't get a beer anywhere for under $7, and that was a few years ago. Also I'm not sure of the NYC location but the Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester and Syracuse both have a really good selection, and the food is damn good too.

I've been to Blind Tiger (West Village) and Rattle n Hum (32nd St? near 5th Ave). Both had nice selections. Check their websites I think they list what's currently on tap.

Back