What non seasonal beer are you brewing for Christmas get togethers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipfloptan

Reaction score
I have 12 people for Christmans this year and beginning to look at beer recipes.

What Non-fruit, Non seasonal brews is everyone brewing for Christmas get togethers?

Every January I brew a barley wine and RIS and let them age until Xmas. Porters and stouts are always nice around a fire, I feel.

I will probably still be brewing some form of bastardized old ale (without the funk) in september, just like I did last year. I just want something big, malty, non-hoppy and approachable for the guests.

Way back on Memorial Day weekend I made a 10ish ABV RIS in the hopes that it'll be ready for Christmas.

I have a RIS that was brewed last February that I've been aging for this years Holidays. Tasted one a month ago and it was coming along nicely.

ill be brewing a smoked porter for the holidays. Not christmas for me, but same concept i think :mug:

I'm making three brews for my Christmas party this year. I'm doing a peanut butter ale/lager mix (fermented both in separate carboys then combined), a black lager like New Belgium's 1554, and I've got a recipe on hold for a pecan wheat ale. It sounds good, at least.

Coffee porter always goes over well around the holidays. I like ot have something malty around. I'm going to change the recipe this year and go with an american style instead of british to add the coffee to. I'll have some Centennial ESB session beer on hand as well.
I'll brew my Imperial stout recipe that I have been tweeking just after new years to be ready for next year. I'm hoping to make it a tradition.

I've got a Dubbel that I'll be giving out as presents provided I can get it corked and bottled soon. It's been in secondary for 2 months.

Back