Anyone been to the virgin islands?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
What's the best island...best spots to visit? Looking to plan a trip there this winter for the wife's graduation present. Any recommendations, we've never been?

St. Thomas.....go on a Jeep tour of the island and make sure they take you to Maegan's Bay on the back side of the island...best beach in the Carribean IMO.

St. Croix is the best for snorkling/scuba diving if you are into that kinda thing. The largest reef in the Carribean is there.

If you are just looking for a relaxing getaway for two, I would highly recommend getting a place on Water Island, which is a short boat ride from St. Thomas.

If you are looking to party I would say St Thomas is probably the best choice.

St. John: small, not very touristy. Only get there by fairy. lot of beaches. rent a house or stay at one of the all inclusives.

I spent a week on Tortola; it was absolutely gorgeous. Even if you're staying on the US side though, bring a passport and take a day trip to the Baths at Virgin Gorda. It's one of the coolest things you can do down there.

I've been wanting to go to the Virgin Islands for a long time myself. Great to hear some tips from people!

Yes, but I didn't come back as a virgin.... St. Thomas, and St. Croix both beutiful with lots to do. Brought back a butt load of rum. Cruzan Rum which is made there. Dirt cheap and great stuff.

beerloaf

Spent a week there on my honeymoon. St. Thomas for the touristy things and St. John for natur/hiking/snorkeling. There is a ferry that goes between them so it is easy to island hop.

Also, they had a Blackbeard Ale by a local brewery that was awesome.

St. Croix St Thomas, St. Marteen are all beautiful. Antigua is also very nice. St. Lucia was my least favorite and didn't get to see much of Barbados (hit all five islands on a cruise)

I agree with beerloaf, Cruzan Rum is cheap and quite tasty.

St. Thomas is where I went. That place was awesome. Be prepared to be asked "U smoka da stuff"

Went to the British Virgin Islands 13 years ago on our honeymoon. If you are going to the BVI I recommend Virgin Gorda and The Baths. No matter what island you go to though you have to snorkel/dive. It is amazing!!

My wife and I are planning a trip to the British Virgin Islands as a [very late] honeymoon. Hopefully we can make it in the next couple of years. According to some friends of her's that have been, Tortola is amazing. Lots of people who want to have fun and, from what I understand, some of the best rum you can find.

It's been a few years since I've been there, but I really love St. John. St. Thomas is great, too, if you like to do a little shopping (great duty-free type high end goods, like jewelry). The snorkeling and beaches are great. The ferry goes between St. John and St. Thomas, but it's become much more crowded in both in the last few years and we've stopped going.

I was at St. Thomas in 91 for my honeymoon. Megan's bay was cool, and we took a trip to St. John for a day and went snorkeling. In all honesty, though, if I ever went back, I wouldn't go for a week again. After 4 days I was pretty island happy and ready to go home. But again, that was 20 years ago so things maybe have changed.

Back