Hartford, CT Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malvado78

Reaction score
Bloomfield Really...

Heading there on Monday and wondering if anyone knows some good watering holes/brewery's/beer store's.

I know Thomas Hooker is right there and plan on stopping for a growler or two and a bomber or so.

But I also need someplace where I can find Imperial Storm Trooper From New England Brewing as I cannot get it in upstate NY as far as I know.

Also some place for eats/drinks. Will be there 4 nights.

Williamantic Brewing in, you guessed it, Willimantic isn't that far. I've always had good food and beer when I'm down that way.

Williamantic Brewing in, you guessed it, Willimantic isn't that far. I've always had good food and beer when I'm down that way.

Thanks.

I am staying out by Bradley Int. Airport so that looks to be about a 45 min drive.

Not sure how I'd get back. :drunk:

Thanks.

I am staying out by Bradley Int. Airport so that looks to be about a 45 min drive.

Not sure how I'd get back. :drunk:

Well, you're screwed without a car. Ain't nothing up there, though Hooker isn't too far away. Just don't drink so much and drive back.

Eli Cannon's Tap Room in Middletown is a fine choice.

Well, you're screwed without a car. Ain't nothing up there, though Hooker isn't too far away. Just don't drink so much and drive back.
LOL. I do have a car. I will not drink too much to drive back from anywhere. It stinks there is nothing up there. Its jsut when I have to travel I like to go places and try beers I haven't had and they add up quick.

We're on the same page though.

Eli Cannon's Tap Room in Middletown is a fine choice./QUOTE]

This looks to be a little closer and has an impressive rotation draft list.

Thanks.

You're a lot closer to Springfield, Mass. It's only about 15 minutes from where you'll be. Though I went to college there, that was 20-plus years ago and I've no idea what good beer bars or brewpubs are there.

Search and ye might find, however.

You're a lot closer to Springfield, Mass. It's only about 15 minutes from where you'll be. Though I went to college there, that was 20-plus years ago and I've no idea what good beer bars or brewpubs are there.

Search and ye might find, however.

Thanks didn't think about Springfield. I have been searching Beerfly. Just seeing if there were any locals around that may know.

Plan B Tavern in West Hartford has the best burgers in the state, as far as I'm concerned, as well as a multi-page beer and bourbon list. Definitely worth a trip over there

City Steam Brewery/Cafe in Hartford on Main St is an excellent choice.

Have to agree with Eli Cannon's and WBC as well, we go to both at least once or twice a month.

Back