My Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkaBoneBenny

Reaction score
Well I'm not really sure how to get images to post, but I'll give it a try. These are the labels I've designed so far for my nano-brewery, Samuel Waterston Beer Co.

1172065965_l.jpg

http://myspace-556.vo.llnwd.net/01288/65/54/1288484556_l.jpg

1288479656_l.jpg

I just printed them out at Staples and rubber cemented them to the bottles. Worked pretty well. Let me know what you think.
-Ben

I just printed them out at Staples and rubber cemented them to the bottles. Worked pretty well. Let me know what you think.
-Ben

Rubber cement? How you gonna get them off again?

Actually I just washed em, all you have to do is peel them off. Works great. It seems to be the only thing that has gone really smoothly with the brewing process.

And yes, Sam Waterston rocks. What a thespean!

-Ben

I have no idea what possessed you to name your beer/brewery after that dude, but, personal opinions aside, your labels look really nice. That's some quality Photoshop/editing work. I wouldn't have thought that rubber cement would work so well, but hb_99 makes a good point.

homebrewer_99 said:
Glass is not porous so the rubber cement should peel off nicely.:D

That did not even occur to me....gonna have to give it a try, since I'm not having any better luck with using peel and stick labels.

I tried some Avery labels, but they're a total PITA to remove. Just not worth it. I know Avery makes some removable labels, but I can't find them in the store and I hate paying that much money just for frickin' labels (with shipping it's $30 for 150 labels). I'm going to try either glue stick or rubber cement, I've got too many brews around, I'm starting to forget which ones are which.

I don't know why, but I trust your brewery. And with Mr. Waterston as the voice, only good beer will follow.

Nice labels.

Thanks man, it's good to know that Sam does indeed inspire confidence. Plus it's an excuse to ignore work and school and such to play with photoshop.
-Ben

I just finished the 4th label. It's very much another variation on the theme. Anyways here it is.

1357085467_l.jpg

Also, what do you guys do about top labels? I nearly tore my hair out in photoshop the other night try to make a label that fits bottle necks. I came up with something but its... not perfect. I'm sure peopel ask this a lot. Maybe I'll start a new topic. Thanks for the feedback.
-Ben

P.S. this is really a great forum.

Back