Eggnog?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
Had a wierd thought today while i was working.

What would happen if you made a blonde, In the secondary you added a qt of ultra pasturised eggnog.

Anyone ever tried this?

Figured i would get some imput before i went hog wild

Yeah, if you want to mix beer and eggnog, do it in the glass. Instead of using rum or brandy, use beer. But whatever you do, don't do it in the fermenter.

Yeah, even if it's pasteurized going in, there's a lot of protein and fat in there that has some great potential to go bad. Rancid fat curds in my beer doesn't sound good... But I do like the idea of mixing eggnog with a big ol' stout... might try that this year

You could go with a cream stout with nutmeg perhaps. Lactose would provide the creaaminess you expect from dairy, and then nutmeg and whatever spices traditionally used in eggnog.

Naw, Scratchin the idea....
I got 20 gal to make before turkey day.

Gonna stick with the beer i am about to run out of.

December will be new beer exsperiment.

I've been thinking/wondering if Cheesefood's caramel creme ale would be a base for an eggnog beer. I've never brewed it so I don't know, but it sounds like it's overly sweet and creamy.

Back