Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my money is on the swan...

Yeah, it was pissed off and hissing. That same swan has nipped several dogs on the nose and they didn't decide to mess with it again.

I'd just as soon put it on the grill as look at it. Birds are little more than a nuisance, in my opinion, whereas dogs are our social companions.

Just found this pic again. This is the one that made me fall in love with Ollie (then Cash) before we met & adopted him. Such a happy boy, even though he went through hell before we got him. Think I know what my next avatar is :mug:

s3699a4458014m11244518.jpg

Our second dog is also a rescue from southern Spain. He's about 2-3 years old "Andalusian Rat Terrier" (Ratonero Bodeguero Andaluz)

This breed is not recognized outside of Spain, and even there it was only recognized beginning in 2000. At 25 pounds, he's about 8 pounds heavier than the breed standard and a little bit taller, but a purebred nonetheless. He sat right down in my lap the first time I met him. I'm taking him to the fields tomorrow afternoon.

timmy-427x640.jpg

Our second dog is also a rescue from southern Spain. He's about 2-3 years old "Andalusian Rat Terrier" (Ratonero Bodeguero Andaluz)

This breed is not recognized outside of Spain, and even there it was only recognized beginning in 2000. At 25 pounds, he's about 8 pounds heavier than the breed standard and a little bit taller, but a purebred nonetheless. He sat right down in my lap the first time I met him. I'm taking him to the fields tomorrow afternoon.

timmy-427x640.jpg

So at 25 lbs, is the Andalusian Rat Terrier the size of the Smooth Fox Terrier? (15-16 inches tall)

Look who got a new collar from my trip to lagunitas chicago yesterday!

Such a handsome devil...ready for brew day!

What kind of dog is he? He looks a lot like my dog but I have no idea what my dog is a mix of.

The second pic is our new addition. Sadie is a collie/husky/golden mix.

1406751018119.jpg

1406751081208.jpg

You need to get that dog out of the gym. Napolean complex much? :D

So at 25 lbs, is the Andalusian Rat Terrier the size of the Smooth Fox Terrier? (15-16 inches tall)

If you have a look at the wikipedia link I posted it lists their height as being between 13.75–16.9 inches at the withers. He's 17 inches at the withers, so at the very upper limit of height. According to the spanish breed site, they weigh 7-8 kg (15-17 lbs). He's about 25 lbs, but not overweight at all - ribs can be easily found with the fingers. Very athletic and muscular boy, indeed. He's just a larger than normal specimen.

Edit: I found the lineage pedigree on a German site

rba_pedigree1.jpg

You need to get that dog out of the gym. Napolean complex much? :D

He's a healthy and happy boy now. He had been living on the streets and people were feeding him, but when he got nabbed by the dog catchers and arrived to the shelter in Spain he became totally depressed and refused to eat for weeks. His ribs were sticking out and everything. I'm just happy that he's found his will to live again.

He's a healthy and happy boy now. He had been living on the streets and people were feeding him, but when he got nabbed by the dog catchers and arrived to the shelter in Spain he became totally depressed and refused to eat for weeks. His ribs were sticking out and everything. I'm just happy that he's found his will to live again.

Thank you for having a heart of gold! I wish more good people would adopt from shelters. There are so many needy dogs and cats.

Thank you for having a heart of gold! I wish more good people would adopt from shelters. There are so many needy dogs and cats.

I have a special place in my heart for terriers. They are stubbornly loyal, intensely affectionate, highly protective, super intelligent, and most of all they've got balls.

There's a really big problem there in Spain. Tens of thousands of dogs living on the streets. A big majority of those have been abandoned by Brits who decided to move back home without their dogs.

Then there was one I read about: He was bought by a family as a christmas gift for the kids, but the family decided they didn't want him any longer as he had grown too big.

And the Spanish hunters just put nooses around the necks of their greyhound dogs (Galgos) and hang them from walls or trees at the end of the hunting season because they don't want to feed and shelter them all winter long - they just buy new ones in the spring. They hang them because they claim that they're not even worth a bullet. If your stomach can handle it, then go to images.google.com and search for "hanging galgos".

The Spanish politicians don't seem to have the will to address the problem. We don't have stray dogs here in Finland, at least I've never seen one. But we do have very strong animal protection laws. You can even wind up in serious trouble with the police for leaving your dog home alone inside of a crate, or leaving it by itself inside of a too hot or too cold car.

I have a special place in my heart for terriers. They are stubbornly loyal, intensely affectionate, highly protective, super intelligent, and most of all they've got balls.

There's a really big problem there in Spain. Tens of thousands of dogs living on the streets. A big majority of those have been abandoned by Brits who decided to move back home without their dogs.

Then there was one I read about: He was bought by a family as a christmas gift for the kids, but the family decided they didn't want him any longer as he had grown too big.

And the Spanish hunters just put nooses around the necks of their greyhound dogs (Galgos) and hang them from walls or trees at the end of the hunting season because they don't want to feed and shelter them all winter long - they just buy new ones in the spring. They hang them because they claim that they're not even worth a bullet. If your stomach can handle it, then go to images.google.com and search for "hanging galgos".

The Spanish politicians don't seem to have the will to address the problem. We don't have stray dogs here in Finland, at least I've never seen one. But we do have very strong animal protection laws. You can even wind up in serious trouble with the police for leaving your dog home alone inside of a crate, or leaving it by itself inside of a too hot or too cold car.

That's horrible. If I Google that it wouldn't be be good. Anyway. Here are a couple pics of my two girls (again). A border terrier mix of some sort and a wheaten terrier/Labrador (with summer haircut) mix.

1406868725204.jpg

1406868737365.jpg

My two mutts, Hank and Daisy. Spoiled as can be but they are fantastic dogs. Pitt mixes both and what else only god knows. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407028504.704087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Do y'all call him dick for short?
What kind of coat would you call that?

Jack Russell, dick, and short don't go together in the same frame of thought ;-)

If anything, I'd call him Slim cuz Jim got his butt kicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back