pouring problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markven

Reaction score
I have a kegerator, this is the first keg I have taped. It started out with a little to much head, then came good. after about 6 glasses it stopped pouring at all. can anyone advise me on a solution? I tried bleeding the co2 and had my regulator set to dispensing pressure, It just seams to expel gas from the tap, then nothing. the beer line has beer in it but stops just short of the keg.

Is your CO2 connected, is the valve on the bottom of the regulator on, what pressure is rge regulator set to?

Hi

Sanke keg or Corny?

If the beer in the beer line stops "just short of the keg", I'd assume there's beer all the way to the faucet.

Since you "expel gas from the tap", I'm guessing you are referring to a coupler on a Sanke keg.

Is the coupler screwed / locked all the way onto the keg? Did you get a glob of keg lube stuck in the coupler probe?

Any chance the keg is so cold that the beer has frozen?

Lots of possibilities ...

Bob

Hi
Thanks fella's,
I have a Corny keg, My kegerator is a Keg King series3,"Australian brand" I checked the beer line and keg, it isn't frozen. The temp is set at 2 deg C, the co2 is connected. As I mentioned It was pulling beer fine, then suddenly stopped.. I found that I had my co2 from the cylinder at the main valve shut half way off. So I assumed this was the problem, so I turned it on fully and had my regulator set at 9 psi. Still nothing, so I expelled the co2 from the keg and tried again. Still nothing. I have a 2 tap kegerater, with 2 kegs connected, the other keg is pulling from the keg fine, although its a little heady. I assume this is because the keg is nearly empty. I am not using any keg lube so I'm sure that's not the issue. I also noticed there are some air pockets in the line but at least 99% of the line is filled with beer. I also disconnected the other keg to see if this makes any difference.
Mark
:confused:

Hi
Thanks fella's,
I have a Corny keg, My kegerator is a Keg King series3,"Australian brand" I checked the beer line and keg, it isn't frozen. The temp is set at 2 deg C, the co2 is connected. As I mentioned It was pulling beer fine, then suddenly stopped.. I found that I had my co2 from the cylinder at the main valve shut half way off. So I assumed this was the problem, so I turned it on fully and had my regulator set at 9 psi. Still nothing, so I expelled the co2 from the keg and tried again. Still nothing. I have a 2 tap kegerater, with 2 kegs connected, the other keg is pulling from the keg fine, although its a little heady. I assume this is because the keg is nearly empty. I am not using any keg lube so I'm sure that's not the issue. I also noticed there are some air pockets in the line but at least 99% of the line is filled with beer. I also disconnected the other keg to see if this makes any difference.
Mark
:confused:

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

Sounds empty, but bleed the head space and then connect the gas to the liquid post and blow that dip tube with some gas to clear it.

Thanks
I connected the co2 up to the out on my corny keg. It worked a treat, the beer is pulling great!
Thanks again
Mark from Sydney

Back