Steel for brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npauley88

Reaction score
I've been doing some research and I want to get a brew rig built by the end of summer (preferably next month).
So I started shopping around for about 60 ft of 16 gauge (.0625) 1.5" square steel tubing here in Cleveland and I can't find anything cheaper than $110 cut.
I'm open to other options, but these dimensions seem to be the most popular.

I've been seeing some posts on here saying they've gotten their steel for somewhere around $50!?

So my question is... where in the heck are you guys finding steel this cheap? :confused:

I just bought 60' of 11g 1.5'' square steel tubing for $140 on Houston. I dont remember tubing being this high last time i bought it. Oh well

I've been doing some research and I want to get a brew rig built by the end of summer (preferably next month).
So I started shopping around for about 60 ft of 16 gauge (.0625) 1.5" square steel tubing here in Cleveland and I can't find anything cheaper than $110 cut.
I'm open to other options, but these dimensions seem to be the most popular.

I've been seeing some posts on here saying they've gotten their steel for somewhere around $50!?

So my question is... where in the heck are you guys finding steel this cheap? :confused:

Are those posts recent? Metal prices fluctuate so wildly that we can not tell you what price is good.

Remember that all commodities pricing is something that fluctuates because of demand and waiting a couple months could be the best thing you ever do or the worst.

My suggestion is to buy it now. You may be kicking yourself a year from now but you will be happy that you have a rig. If the prices go the other way you may be looking at $210 instead of $110.

Back