Luckiest brewer... ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadmium

Reaction score
Ok, so I still live at home with the folks (I am only 19 :D) so mum goes kind of nutso when I brew too much! However, my sister is moving out soon to her boyfriends place, who I am good friends with! Her boyfriend loves my homebrew, but doesnt have time/want to brew his own. However he is building a large bar down stairs and has decided to put a kegerator in...

And so he asked me to be his exclusive brewer! he pays for the ingredients, but I design the recipes and do the brewing!! plus I get to come over and "inspect" his keg system every now and then!

the best of both worlds!!

:mug:

19 is good i would have thought.

you americans have issues! Able to get married at 18 and not able to drink to dull the pain. That is sick!

Whelk said:
I think he's from Australia or NZ, age is 18 there, right?

As it should be. The only reason 21 is the legal limit in places is because you would be able to def tell if they are over 18 by that time. Just reduce the age limit and perform proper ID checks. :drunk:

the_bird said:
PLEASE don't tell us how old you are - that's been kind of a touchy subject in these parts lately.... :D

'Mum' and in the profile 'Mate' so pretty sure he's not american... so it doesn't matter if he's 19

dibby33 said:
you americans have issues! Able to get married at 18 and not able to drink to dull the pain. That is sick!

Ever think about how big America is, and how most of the cities were designed for cars? We drive way too much to allow for a lot of underage drinking. I used to drive 23 miles each way just to get to work.

Someday I hope that the US Government will get take another look at the drinking age and change it back to 18.

You can vote at 18, You can die for you country at 18, why not legally have a beer at 18 as well. But we have all heard this argument before.

Yeah, I'd rather argue about anything else, like stainless steel versus aluminum, liquid versus dry yeast, or the recipe for 07.07.07, rather than get into that subject yet again.

Cheesefood said:
Ever think about how big America is, and how most of the cities were designed for cars? We drive way too much to allow for a lot of underage drinking. I used to drive 23 miles each way just to get to work.

I used to drive 30miles each way. ...then I got a closer job. ;)

How is limiting the age to 18 going to "allow for a lot of underage drinking"?

Dibby, when are you coming to melbourne? because on the 23rd and 24th of march, Melbourne is show casing all their microbreweries at fed square. I think its $20 gets you 20 beers. All unique beers like Matilda Bay and Mountain Goat etc. Its going to be freaking amazing

Kadmium said:
Dibby, when are you coming to melbourne? because on the 23rd and 24th of march, Melbourne is show casing all their microbreweries at fed square. I think its $20 gets you 20 beers. All unique beers like Matilda Bay and Mountain Goat etc. Its going to be freaking amazing

Would love to come across but time / cost constraints. Plus SHMBO would kill me. Seriously!

Cheesefood said:
I used to drive 23 miles each way just to get to work.

Dibby33 said:
I used to drive 30miles each way. ...then I got a closer job

That's it?? Try working construction. 60 miles is a blissfully short commute.

BTW When I was 18 I was of legal age, too. Wisconsin knuckled under to the Feds shortly thereafter.:mad:

Back