25' Wort chiller and 10 gallon batches??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I might have asked this before, but I was wondering how hard it is to cool a 10 gallon batch with a 25' chiller? Should I invest in a 50' or can get away with a 25'?

I just upgraded my 25' 3/8" to a 50' 1/2 ". It took around 30 minutes to cool 10 gallons with the 25.

you can counter-current stir-like-mad/reverse whirlpool to increase efficiency/decrease chill time - it helps a lot, especially in the summer. I used my 25' ic as a backup when my cc got clogged/wasn't clean/etc.

Im looking at upgrading to a cf chiller. Im wanting an all copper one. Whats a good price for one and the best place to buy one online? Im considering making my own, any ideas about how to keep from kinking the inter tubing?

I use a 50 foot 1/2" for ten gallon batches, it's to pitching temp within about 14 minutes. Five gallon batches is about 5-7 minutes. Next upgrade is a pump and plate chiller for me.

Im looking at upgrading to a cf chiller. Im wanting an all copper one. Whats a good price for one and the best place to buy one online? Im considering making my own, any ideas about how to keep from kinking the inter tubing?

I think the outer tubing will do that. Just my guess.

Back