Kegging from Brite Tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will be kegging from a 6bbl brite tank in a couple of weeks. I am very familiar with the process but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or knew the dimensions of the hoses coming from the tank to the keg. I want to reduce foaming as much as possible through my sanke d coupler so I'd like to get a second opinion before I get started. Again any pics or how-tos would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

You shouldn't have foam transferring uncarbonated beer.

Unless you've carbed the beer in the brite tank? Never heard of that before. But if so, just keep everything cold and transfer slowly and you shouldn't have any problems.

Unless you've carbed the beer in the brite tank? Never heard of that before.
Carbing is exactly what a brite tank is for. Some homebrewers have called their secondary vessels a brite tank, but it is not the proper use of the term.

I was always under the impression that a bright tank was used to let the beer drop bright. I see now you mean it is called the bright tank because already brighted beer goes into it.

It's a fermenter that can hold pressure to carbonate and has a valve to dump trub. It's a serving tank....basically a huge keg.

Back