Dispensing with 16 gm Co2 cartridges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sucrebrew

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to kegging and I had a quick question. Firstly, I am getting a 2.5 gallon setup. I am going to be carbing naturally (not a preference, I just currently live in an area where I can't get co2 easily). What I can get are the 16 gm co2 cartridges. My question is whether one of these is enough to purge and dispense a 2.5 gallon keg. If not, how many would it take to purge and dispense a 2.5 gallon keg?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to kegging and I had a quick question. Firstly, I am getting a 2.5 gallon setup. I am going to be carbing naturally (not a preference, I just currently live in an area where I can't get co2 easily). What I can get are the 16 gm co2 cartridges. My question is whether one of these is enough to purge and dispense a 2.5 gallon keg. If not, how many would it take to purge and dispense a 2.5 gallon keg?

Thanks in advance for the help.

If you naturally carb the keg, you could probably dispense with 2 or three of those cartridges I'd think.

I have one of the 16gram units that I've used to bring a 5 gallon keg to parties. Two cartridges will dispense 5 gallons, but I don't use this system to purge the keg.

Do you have a paintball shop in your area? That is where I get my CO2 refilled.

Thanks for the help. I live outside the country and I would be shipping the catridges. I currently live in Bolivia and there aren't many options. I have a friend who is a homebrewer here who gets a co2 tank filled at the soda factory... But I can't get a co2 tank here and shipping would be on the high side. I was going to start with catridges and maybe grab a tank while in the states next time I go.

Back