The Bar is Open!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
Finally, my bar is pouring beer!! Bought a 4912 and a co2 tank so the bar is finally up and running. I still have some finishing work to do but the beer is pouring nicely, I'm such a happy camper right now:D :mug:

More pics to come as I finish it up

bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

bar3.jpg

Nice work man, when are we all invited over for a cold one?

Connecticut.....I think I can be there in like 14 hours. See you around happy hour!

EdWort said:
Lookin Fine! Any shots of behind?

Now, that's kind of quite forward of you Ed, don't you think? Hehe

Look great, makes me want to build one but I will have to buy a bigger house to around it first.

I'd be interested in how you're refrigerating your serving lines from the fridge to the tower, myself.

Thanks!

:cross:

Beerrific said:
Now, that's kind of quite forward of you Ed, don't you think? Hehe

yeah I thought about that after I hit submit. :D I want to see how he gets the kegs in there and if he put any shelving in there..also any ventilation.

It's a great idea to build in a kegerator in the bar.

No behind shots yet(didn't think I could post 'em in this forum anyhow:D ), but there's nothing but the fridge back there at the moment, shelves will be coming soon. I'm just using foam insulation in the draft tower for now, though I'd like to get a cooling fan setup. All in all it took a while to finish only because I did it a little at a time. I need a nice mirror for the back wall, the nuns with guns are good but a bar needs a mirror...

very nice, indeed! How many coats of what kind of sealer did you put on that beautiful bar top?

Your'e right though, definitely need some more wall decor.

Great lamp choice, BTW. Foreign? ;)

MrFebtober said:
very nice, indeed! How many coats of what kind of sealer did you put on that beautiful bar top?

Your'e right though, definitely need some more wall decor.

Great lamp choice, BTW. Foreign? ;)

It's Fragile

I used 3 coats of minwax colonial maple stain and 3 coats of minwax polyurethane. I was going to do poured resin over 1987 Topps baseball cards but I already had the minwax from a previous project, and I can change it if I ever want to...

yes that is purty, but we need to sse the inner workings and what have you got on the right that so nicely matches the wood stain?

And, I like the nuns!

Great looking bar!

Now you need to find anything and everything beer related to hang on the walls.

BTW, do you need cardboard coasters? I have a crapload I can send you.

Dude said:
Great looking bar!

Now you need to find anything and everything beer related to hang on the walls.

BTW, do you need cardboard coasters? I have a crapload I can send you.

I'm slowly accumulating as much beer paraphenalia as I can find. I have a bunch decorating the rest of my house but if I move that I still need to get more...

As for coasters, I've been "acquiring" them from bars but it's a slow process, so any extras would be thoroughly appreciated, and reciprocated w/ HB:mug:

andyyork said:
what have you got on the right that so nicely matches the wood stain?

That's a liquor cabinet that was redone and stained w/ the same stuff as I used on the bar, still need to put the hardware back on it... It contrasts with the floor more than it looks like in these pics

lc4.jpg

lc5.jpg

lc6.jpg

awesome looking bar, i also like the chessboard/booze cabinet.

incidentally, what's this BBQ place you speak of?

Wow... Digging up an old one here...

The BBQ place was Uncle Willie's, it was on Whalley Ave near the Amity/Woodbridge area. Unfortunately they moved to Watertown a few months ago....

I've made some improvements to the bar since this thread was last visited, I'll post some new pics tonight.

Back