Kegging my beer in Sanke Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeble

Reaction score
I have looked for this to no avail.

Does anyone know of a way to keg their homebrew in a commercial sanke keg?

I am in the process of setting up a system to brew 15 gallons at a time, but I do not have the space to continuously buy 5 gallon corny kegs, as I am already at 12.

I need an easier and more compact way to keg, carbonate, and dispense my beer, and I figure why not do it like the big boys do, but on a much smaller scale.

Being that I work at a bar, I have a basically unlimited supply of kegs at 30 bucks a pop, so that will not be an issue.

I know I am obviously going to need a bigger CO2 tank than the current 10 gallon one I have now, but because I work at a bar, that will most likely not be an issue either.

What sort of attachments and nozzles and tools will I need to carbonate the kegs and tear them apart to clean them out?

I have looked for this to no avail.

Does anyone know of a way to keg their homebrew in a commercial sanke keg?

I am in the process of setting up a system to brew 15 gallons at a time, but I do not have the space to continuously buy 5 gallon corny kegs, as I am already at 12.

I need an easier and more compact way to keg, carbonate, and dispense my beer, and I figure why not do it like the big boys do, but on a much smaller scale.

Being that I work at a bar, I have a basically unlimited supply of kegs at 30 bucks a pop, so that will not be an issue.

I know I am obviously going to need a bigger CO2 tank than the current 10 gallon one I have now, but because I work at a bar, that will most likely not be an issue either.

What sort of attachments and nozzles and tools will I need to carbonate the kegs and tear them apart to clean them out?

So like, sorry to piss on your wheaties, don't the kegs still belong to the brewery or distributor of which they came from?

We pay a 30 dollar deposit on the kegs, so instead of returning the kegs, I am going to keep them, and just pay another 30 dollar deposit on the next keg of beer we get into the restaurant.

So like, sorry to piss on your wheaties, don't the kegs still belong to the brewery or distributor of which they came from?

My thoughts exactly. We have a limited supply of kegs at my brewery, and while the deposit may not be too much, they cost us a lot of money, hell our little 3gal kegs are $125 a piece. Those kegs at your bar aren't yours to keep for the $30 deposit, it's just a way to help ensure the brewery gets their stuff back. If they charged the actual cost of a keg for deposit nobody would be willing to pay that price for that amount of beer

there are several online sources for legal Sanke kegs CHI has them. I got several from the local distributor that were no longer fit for beer ( Dents mostly) the brewery told them to scrap them.I paid the scrap price per pound. No sense sending them back and then scraping them . Also bought a few from a local micro that went out.

I keg sometimes in1/2 barrel Sanke kegs and I also have some pub kegs which are converted Corny kegs to Sanke fittings.

Back