New Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I stayed up late last night and organized my brewery. While there is still a lot of work that needs to be done, I feel the need to show it off.

This is the fermentation tier, the bottom tier. This is where I store my conical and the sanke kegs we use for fermentation. It's also an area to hang hoses and whatnot for drying.

1-64387.jpg

Here is my new tool chest and other cabinets. After consolidating what I had from my apartment, almost everything still fit in the cabinet. The cabinet is on the top of three tiers.

2-64388.jpg

Once we finish the tiers, I will fabricate an array of burners with different heights, that can be bolted together for variable "brew sculptures" depending on our needs for the brew day. Ideally, all brewing activity will happen on these tiers once they are finished. Right now, we kind of stray into the other work areas (electronics, workbench, woodshop, welding, etc.) and my roommates would like to be able to use that space WHILE I am brewing.

Here are the shelves we built above the brewing area.

3a-64389.jpg

3b-64390.jpg

3c-64391.jpg

3d-64392.jpg

Here is a little shelf we had lying around...perfect for my flasks and other containers.

4-64393.jpg

My chest freezer, currently empty :( but I hope to brew a Helles soon.

5a-64394.jpg

5b-64395.jpg

The Fermentation Cabinet...always in use. Right now I have 5 gallons each of hefeweizen, mild and another wheat fermenting along. Also take note of the barrels on top, 1 with a gallon whiskey (well, not much left) and a 5 gallon barrel to be used for beerstuffs.

6-64396.jpg

Here are the shelves at the top of the storage area, for carboy storage...with a lambic and braggot fermenting away.

7a-64397.jpg

7b-64398.jpg

And a few drawers of my cabinet, just for good measure.

8a-64399.jpg

8b-64400.jpg

8c-64401.jpg

8d-64402.jpg

8e-64403.jpg

Now that I'm all organized, I can get back to brewing! More pictures to come off the hop vines, very soon!
:mug:

Very nice deathbrewer!!!......Now I need to organize my stuff. :mug:
The head is a nice touch......where's the rest of the body?

Is THAT freezer something you built or is that a store bought freezer chest? The photo is kinda dark...hence deathbrewer I guess. I am looking for a another fridge or chest for a fermentation chamber .....not sure the best way to go.

Storebought from sears. Their website is down right now, I'll find it for you later. It goes on sale once in a while and, well, it's black. I want to build a collar for it for an extra carboy and/or kegs.

Cool! Thanks Death, I will look for one....I'm set up as far as keezers go, I just need a better fermentation control. How many caarboy will fit into THAT one without a collar?

nice DB! how about some more info on that fermentation cabinet? what keeps the temp in there?

it looks like a damn LHBS, you could start selling stuff bro.

Hey, you can't fool me man. That was the head off of a mannequin! You threw that pick in as a clever ruse so johnny law would think all of this dead hooker stuff is just talk. I wanna see a pic of the real DHF!

Here are details on the fermentation cabinet:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-fermentation-cabinet-86815/

It works OK, but it can ONLY be used for ales...it's not as efficient as I originally thought. If I drop the temp regulator below 58°F, it runs constantly, so 58°F ambient is where it stays. All my ales ferment in the low 60s. In the winter, I don't need to run it, as the ambient is about 52-55°F. I usually ferment at about 58°F.

The conical and kegs ferment at about 68°F in the summer and 58°F in the winter. Different beers for different seasons, but hefeweizens all year round ;)

Awesome, Gave me an idea of what to do with my old Stanley Tool chest that go replaced with a craftsman! I'm slowly taking over the garage and this is one more valuable piece! Nice area.

Heh, just happened upon this again. BTW...I just reorganized and the lambic and the braggot are still up there. The lambic has been transferred and more fruit added...I have a feeling the braggot needs some attention :D

bumping this ( just found it ) due to the total amazement I am feeling - your got more stuff on hand than my LHBS!

Good to be back and good to see the Yoopster is still around! I have a lot more time on my hands now that I got rid of my business. I was thinking I would revisit the Ingredients thread I created (four years ago) and never finished.

Back