Alcohol Ban Lifted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desertBrew said:
Could have picked a better brew to toast the law change :phttp://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/13/beer.ban.ap/index.html

No kidding. To quote the article:

"Here's to a new tradition in Westerville," local jeweler Bill Morgan said as he raised his plastic cup of Budweiser at Michael's Pizza.
If that's the new tradition, it's not much better than before. :D

-walker

BeeGee said:
Has anybody ever paid $150 for a Budweiser before?

If you count the underaged drinking arrest, fine, and associated court costs... yeah... I paid that much for a budweiser in 1994. And it was WARM, too.

-walker

Walker said:
If you count the underaged drinking arrest, fine, and associated court costs... yeah... I paid that much for a budweiser in 1994. And it was WARM, too.

-walker

Doh!!! Bringing back bad memories! In that case, I paid $228 for a 12er of Miller then back in the 80's. Won't go into the details...

Well, in that case I had a friend pay substantially more, although I'm not sure if it was for the beer, or for the privilege of pissing in a Subway (as in a corner in the dining area). We didn't invite him on any trips for a pretty long time after that.

Would have looked much cooler if he was hitting on a Stone's Arrogant Bastard bottle. :D

Back