Carboy caps - airtight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it seems kinda loose... thinking maybe getting some kind of elastic to tighten the seal on the groove...

Air is going to find the easyest way out, even if the orange cap is a little loose, its still going to be easyer to go out the airlock. But im always more safe than sorry. You could run tape along the seam too.

I have one that I purchased from my local hbs. The one I purchased was for a 6 gallon carboy. They also had a differant size for the 5 gallon carboy. If I remember the one that I took off the shelf was the bigger cap was really for the 5 gallon carboy. Mine seems to fit tight.

The few that I picked up are supposedly for 5 and 6 gallon carboys. It seems slightly loose even on the 6 gal.

There is a bigger one for the 6.5 gallon, I guess.

I'm gonna find something to secure it down a little better.

You'll see why I'd like to move away from stoppers in another post :)

The reason I went to these is just incase I under estimated and should of had a blow off hose I can just slip 1 on with out a lot of problems. Before I purchased one my wife calls me one day at work and wants to know what she should do I had crap every where. I think even she could put on blow off hose if needed. But then I probably should any way.

Latest posts

Back