Speigle Braumeister?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halv2MX

Reaction score
I came across the Speigle Braumeister electric brewing system and I was wondering has anybody had experience with this system and is it woth the price tag? Is it just a gimic and if not; how much is the difference is the price tag if I was to build my own (as long as I don't get deployed again).

I think you will find a widely varying opinion on this board regarding the braumeister systems. I have used one that was given to a friend of mine. They are simple and work well. The biggest drawback besides the price is that it limits your sparge options. Once you lift the inner sleeve out of the boil kettle, all of the liquid runs out of the mash. So you can still sparge over the top of that, but the grain will compact easier, meaning less efficiency. It is essentially a Brew-In-A-Bag system, which many here seem to like. Overall it is a compact, simple to use system that works well. For me though, just not worth the money. I would rather pay less and have more control.

But then again, I have plenty of time to work on my system. If you don't want to spend a lot of time planning and building a system, the $2k might be worth it.

Back