Snow Day!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
Work is cancelled due to the inclement weather we're having in NC right now and I can't be happier. We only get one of these every few years or so. It was touch-and-go there for a little while. They were only going to delay opening to 10 am but now it's completely closed, thank goodness. I can tell you I definitely wasn't relishing the idea of driving my little RWD sports car with summer performance tires on snow and ice! In celebration, I'll be making some crystal malt today. It's been rehydrating in the fridge all night.

:ban::mug::ban:

Be careful, Brian, people will tease us for shutting everything down for only 2" of snow. But I'm home enjoying the snow day, too.

Snow day. Bah.

It's been snowing here. Every day. All the time. Unless the high is less than -15 or so, which it was for about 5 days in a row, then it is too cold to snow. As soon as it warms up to near 0, it snows. It's snowing now. And I don't get no stinking snow day!

I wish we would get some snow. We have all the cold (maybe not as bad as Yoopers) but still in the teens and single digits, but no white stuff.

Snow day. Bah.

It's been snowing here. Every day. All the time. Unless the high is less than -15 or so, which it was for about 5 days in a row, then it is too cold to snow. As soon as it warms up to near 0, it snows. It's snowing now. And I don't get no stinking snow day!

Yeah when you live in areas used to snow you never get a snow day :(. Here they have to close the Uni for me to get a snow day and that is very rare indeed.

I wonder how much snow Buffalo needs to have a snow day? :D

Snow day. Bah.

Wait a sec...you're saying that if it gets "too cold" it doesn't snow??? Forgive my ignorance of the cold white fluffy stuff, but I've never heard of such a thing. Then again, it's just 37F right now and the high for today is 69F...

Wait a sec...you're saying that if it gets "too cold" it doesn't snow??? Forgive my ignorance of the cold white fluffy stuff, but I've never heard of such a thing. Then again, it's just 37F right now and the high for today is 69F...
Yup. When the air gets that cold, it's generally extremely dry and thus can't support snow. Weird, ain't it.?

I love the snow. I don't even mind shoveling my sidewalk, I actually sort of enjoy it. As an avocation, NOT a vocation. But then we usually get the light, dry, powder type of snow.

I don't mind the snow, it is the -23 below zero that gets me. And being a head grounds keeper for the Uof Iowa I get to be this S--- all day!

Back