Kegerator conversion for two 1/6 kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcubed45

Reaction score
Are there any refrigerators currently on the market that will fit two 1/6 kegs? I've read through the entire frigidaire thread and it seems like the consensus was that there was no way to fit two 1/6 kegs?

I haven't had any luck on craigslist and buying a Sanyo 4912 online would mean ridiculous shipping costs (Hawaii).

Are there any other models available that will fit two 1/6 kegs?

Thanks!

Try any typical kitchen refrigerator. I haven't done it but it looks like it would fit 3 corny/6th barrels and a 5# co2 tank with the shelves removed.

Try any typical kitchen refrigerator. I haven't done it but it looks like it would fit 3 corny/6th barrels and a 5# co2 tank with the shelves removed.

Sorry, should've been more specific. I'm looking for something in a "compact refrigerator" design. So not a full-size. The frigidaire is just every so slightly too small, from my understanding, but I would like something similar.

If you get creative... you can make it work. The walls / door have a couple inches of foam and you can carve some of it out.

If you get creative... you can make it work. The walls / door have a couple inches of foam and you can carve some of it out.

has anyone done this? i read through all the writeups i could find on the frigidaire and most were for 2 conies or a 1/6 + 1 cony

I was able to fit a 1/2 barrel in the Frigidaire with some modification. I haven't tried the 2 1/6 barrels but anything is possible.

1936-2011-01-06-21-52-41-204.jpg

I was able to fit a 1/2 barrel in the Frigidaire with some modification. I haven't tried the 2 1/6 barrels but anything is possible.

1936-2011-01-06-21-52-41-204.jpg

you're the one that hacked up the compressor hump, right?

i would think doing so would allow you to stagger 2 1/6 kegs since they're just slightly too big to go right next to each other..

Back