update on horrible brew day - burnt down the hause ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadmium

Reaction score
ok, so if you are not up to date then check out my previous thread here...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=28100

This is an update. Today (one week 1 day) after starting fermentation on my brew I decided to transfer my "burnt down the hause ale" to a secondary. But, lo and behold, the damn thing was allready almost clear! it was porobably the fastest fermentation I had (bubbling was down from about 6 bubbles a second to around 1 bubble a second in less then 24 hours)... and then on it was basically just clearing... OG ended up at around 1008 so I was happy with that, a touch dry but still very good attenuation.

In the end I decided to just keg it straight away (I know, 1 week, no secondary WTF?) but my reasoning came down to this... it tasted freaking amazing. I am talking that flat, warm, still yeasty green sample taste amazing... like it was plucked from the bladder of an angel!

so in the end I just kegged that sucker. I figure, its going to cold crash and condition in the fridge, and with the other kegs around, its prolly still gona be about 3 weeks before its even on tap. So I dont care about secondary at the moment. And, being such a simple simple recipe (all cascade, pilsner malt, a touch crystal 60l and some vienna) it does not need too much ageing. It was hardly malty, had great flavour and was just... well fantastic. I cannot stress this enough!

anyway, enough ramlbing, I kegged this about 2 mins ago and just wanted to share it with the world!!!

:mug:

I love it when they turn out great but just try duplicating that. My best beer yet was a Honey Oatmeal Stout. I had ordered dark malts for the stout and a porter. I was measuring grain and talking with a buddy who came by to "help"... Didn't notice till I was packing up that the grain I had remaining didn't match what I *thought* I had used. Never did figure out exactly what I put in that beer and have very little hope of duplicating my best beer yet....

Back