What about these for wine storage...as opposed to bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they would be able to withstand the pressure of a carbonated beverage, should work well enough for still wines though. I think most, if not all commercially produced wine kits put their juice/concentrates into similar bags & then into boxes for structural integrity. Those "box o' wine" type wines you buy in the store have similar bags inside the boxes.
Regards, GF.

there was a guy selling brand new wine boxes on here he had a thread about a year ago

I am still very new to this. Are bottles cheaper?

I can get a case of 12 bottles at the LHBS for around $16-18. You do need corks and a corker, of course, but I think it's still far cheaper even with that initial investment.

I also get free wine bottles from the wine bar in the building where I work. They leave them out back and I just grab what I want before they toss them. I think I've collected ~120 bottles in the last 6 weeks or so.

I also get some beer bottles from them, but not many. A case of 24 12oz bottles locally is only $16, so still cheaper.

Those do look cool for portable use though :)

Kosch

Back