Holy crap.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I get a call this afternoon...form a 402 area code. Nebraska...cool, used to live there. I answer it and I recognize the voice but he sounds drunk. It is an old buddy of mine--prolly my best bro in the world. A guy I hung with almost every day when I lived in Omaha. His family was great--I loved his kids like my own.

Okay, so he says, yeah, I'm just sitting here at the Langley billeting having a smoke...I'm like...IS THIS BRAD? he goes "yeah"...and I said did you just say you were at Langley billeting? He goes "yeah"....so after I called him an a-hole we start BSing..he's here on temporary duty inspecting another weather unit on the base. So we all went out to dinner--what a great night. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time--catching up on old times and old adventures--it was awesome.

His wife called at some point, and I chatted with her and his daughter as well. I haven't spoken to them in a few years, despite an occasional "what's up" e-mail. It was really cool to catch up and really made me miss them.

He's in town for another day so we'll all hang out again tomorrow...but WOW...what a cool surprise.

Old friends that you can simply pick back up with after long times apart are worth their weight in beer. OK, worth their weight in beer that they bring with them as atonement for blowing you off for all this time!

That's awesome, Dude! Isn't it weird how you can not see someone for years and years that you were really close to, then within ten seconds of meeting up you're right back in your old patterns, laughing together like you used to, just reconnecting? I have some buddies from high school that I haven't seen in years, but the last time I did, it was just like that - as if the intervening years hadn't happened.

Honestly, I think it's a guy thing - it's different for my wife and her old friends.

Chairman Cheyco said:
You guys get a chance to BS at B&S?

Edit: I bet he was impressed with your setup if you did.

Yeah, we did, it was great. I wish my Pub Ale would have been carbed up correctly, but it was still cool. he was more impressed at teh Packer room, I think. :D

Brewpastor said:
Old friends that you can simply pick back up with after long times apart are worth their weight in beer. OK, worth their weight in beer that they bring with them as atonement for blowing you off for all this time!

He didn't bring beer, but he didn't have to. It was so awesome to see him and catch up.

the_bird said:
That's awesome, Dude! Isn't it weird how you can not see someone for years and years that you were really close to, then within ten seconds of meeting up you're right back in your old patterns, laughing together like you used to, just reconnecting? I have some buddies from high school that I haven't seen in years, but the last time I did, it was just like that - as if the intervening years hadn't happened.

Honestly, I think it's a guy thing - it's different for my wife and her old friends.

Yep...a total guy thing. I miss having friends like that.

It truly was exactly like I had just seen him yesterday. Another buddy of mine went with us to the taphouse and he was rolling listening to our Germany stories....it was a great time.

That's awesome Dude. I only have two buddies from the Air Force I maintain a semblance of a connection with, always great to hear from one of them, I can only imagine what it's like to actually hang out with one.

I have an old girlfriend I've known since I was about six. We get together about every 5 years or so. The last time we did so our "special" friends screamed "shut the **** up". We screamed in return, "Hell no".

Talked, laughed, drank for 24 hours.

It rocked, Dude and good for you!

Copper :rockin:

Twice last year I was able to hook up with some old friends of mine, thanks to MySpace. I've also located (or been located by) several ex girlfriends and other friends.

Had to go to Atlanta last summer for a tech conference, and managed to hook up with an old high school buddy that I grew up with in VA Beach - we hadn't seen each other in 15 years.......

It was just like old times...burned a big ol' fattie on the way back from the airport, and then spent the next two days reminiscing about the smoke-filled haze of our youth - we were both very much surprised at the stuff we remembered (or were able to remember)......

Brought back a ton of memories that made me track down a bunch of other friends from that 'era' - and it's been a really good thing for me.....funny how I'm the only one that still has hair though ;)

ahhh...to be back in the life of a beach bum........oh wait....I'm there ;)

'get in the groove and let the good times roll...'

Hippie

Back