Tunes while ya brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
I'm brewing tonight. Been waiting FOREVER for my ingredients and they finally got in today. Started the brew off with some Paul Brady/Andy Irvine Liberty Tapes. Moving on now to some Willie Nelson covering Graceland by Paul Simon then a couple more from him. Not sure what's next, probably some Phish.

How bout you folks? Do you'll have the special brewing playlist?

I prefer country music when I am brewing. Don't know why, but it just seems to put me in the right frame of mind.

McKBrew said:
I prefer country music when I am brewing. Don't know why, but it just seems to put me in the right frame of mind.

You need to not drink before you brew, it is jacking you up...
Mad.gif

McKBrew said:

Not so much brewing, but I listen to a lot of bluegrass when I'm working in the shop. No "new" country, but I'll throw on Johnny Cash, or one of the couple bluegrass CDs, or the local NPR station plays bluegrass most of the afternoon on Saturdays. I could definately see brewing to that, as well, usually I don't have anything on.

I strictly play Bavarian drinking songs or Bavarian brass music. Occasionally switch to some other German or Irish stuff. Just seems so natural that it becomes necessary. :mug:

Klainmeister said:
I strictly play Bavarian drinking songs or Bavarian brass music. Occasionally switch to some other German or Irish stuff. Just seems so natural that it becomes necessary. :mug:

I hear ya Klainmeister.... I always start with some Traditional Irish. I blast it while I'm brewing, really makes the process that much more enjoyable. I haven't tried the Bavarian music yet, gonna have to see if I can find some on the net. Any recommendations?

Haindling has a good Bayern song, and Das Stoakogler Trio has some hillarious old-school austrian stuff. (they have a song about how arnold schwarzenegger is a hero). Your best bet though is to look up some bavarian brass music on amazon and just order a cd. I've had no luck finding anything at shops here and just brought mine back over the pond. Prost!

I throw on the classic rock channel on our cable. For some reason, classic rock and brewing go hand-in-hand.

Every now and then I'll plug in my iPod for some shuffle, but it doesn't feel as right as classic rock does. I'm talking about the classic rock like Zep, AC/DC, etc. You know how everyone probably has one rock station on the radio that basically plays the same 100 classic 70's and 80's rock songs over-and-over? That stuff. Chicagoans will know what I mean when I say The LOOP.

Cheesefood said:
I throw on the classic rock channel on our cable. For some reason, classic rock and brewing go hand-in-hand.

Every now and then I'll plug in my iPod for some shuffle, but it doesn't feel as right as classic rock does. I'm talking about the classic rock like Zep, AC/DC, etc. You know how everyone probably has one rock station on the radio that basically plays the same 100 classic 70's and 80's rock songs over-and-over? That stuff. Chicagoans will know what I mean when I say The LOOP.

Chesse,

Check this one out http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/hdradio/ and go to the Vinyl Vineyard. Great old stuff!!!!!!!!!

Back