Good source for cider (MN)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FilJos

Reaction score
As a follow up to an earlier question I asked (but I thought this deserved it's own thread) I've found what seems to be a good resource for cider for cidermaking/winemaking.

Sweetland Orchard in Webster, MN seems to be a very brewer friendly outfit. Yesterday I met the husband of the owning duo at the Northeast Minneapolis farmer's market. He is a home brewer himself and seems to understand what is needed to make a good hard cider, and adjusts his pressing accordingly with a good blend of local apples, including varieties selected for their sweetness, bitterness, and tannin and acid content. They also have a neat system where they will deliver a five gallon pail of cider to one of the farmer's markets they frequent in The Cities, so you don't have to make the drive down to the orchard if you don't want.

I'll be picking up a fiver at next weekend's farmer's market, and I'll let you know about the quality of the cider and my final product. I'm looking at just doing a straight cider with the available sugars.

http://sweetlandorchard.com/

Latest posts

Back