I am tempted!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! The Holy Water label on top woult be a classic addition to any brewery. That is awesome. I wish I could afford to drop the shipping costs on it right now! I would buy it, too.

Maybe it would make more sense to have the sign duplicated. I've seen a number of things on ebay where the shipping charges kill the deal. Same thing on amazon. I can't see paying three bucks shipping on a four dollar book, when I can drive to Powell's and back for ten. What I find amazing are the people that jack up the shipping charges to make the item's price more attractive. When I was looking a LCD monitors some people were charging $150 shipping. I ended up buying it from Dell and paying $13 shipping.

Another lesser known reason for jacking up the shipping and lowering the minimum bid is that eBay and PayPal don't get a cut of the shipping/handling charge. They only get a percentage of the winning bid. Lots of the "business" sellers on eBay have figured out that's a great way to improve the bottom line.

I usually pass on those auctions. It's the principle. I'll be damned if I'm going to give someone an extra $10-20 (or more) to "handle" putting something in a box and taking it to UPS, unless it weighs 100 pounds. Especially if it's just a way to skirt fees for a service they benefit from. :mad:

Latest posts

Back