Check out this video I made for my brother

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
So, my brother iand I have been extract brewer for as long as we can remember (Dad has brewed for even longer). When I told him I switched to all grain brewing, he had a million questions and asked me to send pics. So, I got out the camera for my next brew . . . . and this video was the result.

The video is all still pictures set to some music. . . you can download it here: http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33YCSE8PWUXRD2O2ZUS90ZT7DO

It is just over 5 Mbs.

Feel free to critique my brewing procedure and correct any errors I have made . . . I only have 4 AG brews under my belt at this point.

Very Nice!!

Makes me want to switch over to AG right now. I'm gonna post email this to a group here in town if it's OK with you. A couple are starting to AG and it would be a good basic instruction manual for them.

NICE JOB....Next time you should let everyone know when your brewing and setup a live webcam...."WAY OF THE FUTURE"......

Can you imagine. People would be calling you up, telling you that you should of done something different.

As for the boiling of the immersion chiller (AKA the copper tube), couldn't you of just sanitized it with a No-rinse instead of the 15 minute boil.

IGOR

nice star-wars text...good video, the only critiques i have is that you should have showed the yeast starter longer, and you showed the same manifold sequence twice for some reason, and maybe do a bullet style instead of the (-) before each topic in the text, it makes it look like -1.0 ounce of hops (minus 1 ounce) but thats just me knit picking...great production though!

who is the fusion-shredder on guitar?
I would have went for Al diMeola for the sparge sequence, but thats just a personal preference...:rockin:

Great job! Only things I might change is the text size/color to make it easier to see and some of the text was only displayed for a short time and I couldn't read it all.:mug:

EDIT: You did a 100,000 times better job than I would have done. :)

Good job on the video. You make it look like I could do that some day.

--Aaron

Thanks for the great feedback guys . . .!

Feel free to post it on other boards and email the link, Igorstein.

As for the guitarist . . . that is Phish on the OST (Official Soundtrack). Thanks also for the video critique . . . I may do another, more comprehensive version someday and will take all of that into account. I showed the manifold assembly twice because my bro had a lot of questions about it.

It was fun to put together. :rockin:

Nice job,

I always like to see how other home brewers brew ;)

I usually recommend starting to heat the runnings from the lauter as soon as there is something in the brew pot. The heat doesn't have to be on all the time, just keep the wort temp above 170F to halt all enzymatic activity. This is not really essential, but in case you end up with to low of an FG, it may have been caused by beta amylase activity during and after lautering.

Kai

Thanks! I can see the AG move is coming soon for me thanks to the people of this site!

Igorstien said:
As for the boiling of the immersion chiller (AKA the copper tube), couldn't you of just sanitized it with a No-rinse instead of the 15 minute boil.

IGOR

Why waste santizer when you have a pot of boiling fluid just sitting there? Boil the chiller.

Cool video, great work. Can I have your permission to send the link to others?

One question, why did you use 12 lbs of 2-row pale male in the recipe? Isn't that a bit racist? Cannibal? :eek: ;)(see video at 1:16min)

Sure . . . send the link around.

One question, why did you use 12 lbs of 2-row pale male in the recipe?

:eek: :eek: um . . . um . . . um . . . I hope that is not Freudian . . . :p

Back