Suggest recipes based on inventory?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

learningmore

Reaction score
I am starting out in all grain, but I was interested if there was any site I could go to and plug in what grains I've got.. and then see what recipes I could make.

I know the more professional brewing software allows for inventory management, and one of them allows you to check if a certain recipie can be made (or if you have to purchase items).

Is this a silly question, as most brews start with some sort of 2-row or 6-row and then specialty grains are added in?

I just keep looking through recipes and keep finding I can't make the brew because I don't have the hops or grains.

I am starting out in all grain, but I was interested if there was any site I could go to and plug in what grains I've got.. and then see what recipes I could make.

I'm not aware of any website you could use for this, but there is a great software title called "BeerSmith" that works great for recipe formulation. It's a free 21 day trial and is worth every penny IMHO if you choose to buy. You'll get some sample recipes with the purchase, plus it has conversion calculators, inventory management, etc. Give er a try...http://www.beersmith.com/.

As for what you can make with the ingredients you have...I think it would be best to post your inventory here and ask for input. Alternately, you could think about what kind of beer YOU want to make...then look in the recipe database. You'll find some great recipes in there. If you're looking for something simple and tasty...try BierMunchers Centennial Blonde, or Edwort's Haus Pale ale. Literally hundreds of gallons of those recipes have been brewed!

Hi,
Twoheads hinted at this, but you can do this kind of search in BeerSmith - if you have a collection of recipes (say the recipe packs), you can run the "find" function from the "Edit" menu to search by a list of ingredients or all ingredients you have in inventory. You can also loosen the search to specify number of matching ingredients.

Cheers,
Brad

Back