Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken from the comments section of this article:

attachment.php

Lolz.

View attachment 1435352913551.jpg

So going down the road my wife called me because she sees a bumper sticker on a local bud distributer truck, "Budweiser California brewed, California raised". (yes I got a D in Grammer, let's have then, shall we?)

Here is a good one...

CAMRA also says "real ale" doesn't have hops in it. If it does, they call it beer. It was usually fermented 4 days, maybe five in olden days, then put in the cask to finish.

hahahahaha

Here is a good one...

CAMRA also says "real ale" doesn't have hops in it. If it does, they call it beer. It was usually fermented 4 days, maybe five in olden days, then put in the cask to finish.

hahahahaha

^^^This is a funny thing I've overheard about beer. It's simply not true.

From CAMRA's own definition:

CAMRA said:
What is Real Ale?

Real ale is a beer brewed from traditional ingredients (malted barley, hops water and yeast), matured by secondary fermentation in the container from which it is dispensed, and served without the use of extraneous carbon dioxide.

Working with a PhD Archaeology Professor and she said "I don't like beer it all has that yeasty flavor to it, and I don't like hops either, they taste nasty and rancid. I want to plant a cider-apple tree in my lawn though. I love cider. Plus I think distilling is super neat compared to fermentation."

Just nod and smile... nod. and. smile.

Working with a PhD Archaeology Professor and she said "I don't like beer it all has that yeasty flavor to it, and I don't like hops either, they taste nasty and rancid. I want to plant a cider-apple tree in my lawn though. I love cider. Plus I think distilling is super neat compared to fermentation."

Just nod and smile... nod. and. smile.

Why would you ferment if you could just distill anyway hahaa! SMH...

Cider/apple tree sounds like a friend, female, who started a garden and telling the things she was planting:

I don't recall the rest, but she was planting corn on the cob and corn off the cob.

Not beer related but what percentage of this thread is.

I remember something I read recently about how they now think johnny Appleseed planted these tart apple varieties to make cider from, rather than regular eating apples.

I remember something I read recently about how they now think johnny Appleseed planted these tart apple varieties to make cider from, rather than regular eating apples.

Since all you get when planting apple seeds is pretty much gnarly wild apples.... yeah, good for hard cider making!

Restaurant with three taps, all local beers. A guy asks what they are, and the girl explains, "x is a pale ale, y is a little darker, and z is a blonde ale". Before she even finishes her descriptions, she turns to the cooler and grabs a Coors Light. Guy sees it and says "I'll take that!". I watched, and noticed that nobody had ordered a CL. That girl just knew.

Had a family reunion this weekend. It'd be impossible to remember them all ("I only drink ales" as he sips a homebrew blonde ale), but the best I can remember had to do with an IPA I poured for an uncle

Uncle: This is pretty good, I didn't expect to like it but I do
Me: That's good to hear. Just be careful with it, the alcohol is somewhere around 7% (he was used to sessionable lagers)
Uncle: I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure but I thought it tasted like a Guinness.

High(ish) alcohol = Guinness

Hell of a time that day though.

Had a family reunion this weekend. It'd be impossible to remember them all ("I only drink ales" as he sips a homebrew blonde ale), but the best I can remember had to do with an IPA I poured for an uncle

Uncle: This is pretty good, I didn't expect to like it but I do
Me: That's good to hear. Just be careful with it, the alcohol is somewhere around 7% (he was used to sessionable lagers)
Uncle: I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure but I thought it tasted like a Guinness.

High(ish) alcohol = Guinness

Hell of a time that day though.

Nothing blows the minds of the uninitiated more than the "session IPA."

I talked about it earlier in this thread, but my FIL and Grandpa could not believe that my session IPA had less alcohol than a Budweiser. Apparently big flavor also = high alcohol.

"We don't have Coors Banquet, but mix this Pale ale with 50% water, and you'll have something close to your Coors banquet. Except for the aroma of Cat pee, but I can't help you there."

Craft beer snoberry at its funniest.

On late night with Seth M
14:
Gallons of water it takes to make a can of beers

I hope it doesn't take me ~500 gal to make a 5 gal batch.

Back