Simcoe hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDey

Reaction score
Well, I was just down at the local microbrewery and it was a score! I got some very active ale yeast and a big handful of some Simcoe hops just for showing up.
Any suggestions about the use of simcoes? I'm brewing something tomorrow..and I can't find a ton about those hops-any feedback/suggestions would be great!

I've read good things about their aromatic properties, but are they an appropriate choice for dryhopping? They're such high AA%, I think of them for bittering only... but I'm trying to decide if they'd work as the "Brewer's Choice" dryhop in the 777 Rye IPA.

Simcoe's seem to work well all around. They have an almost pineapple taste that is awesome! The bitterness seems to fade quite a bit with age, though.

OMG...they are PERFECT for dry-hopping. That aroma is like no other. BY FAR my favorite dry-hop. Couple them with amarillo, you've got something called heaven.

Back