Raisins in Skeeter Pee.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaver

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting raisins in Skeeter Pee to see how it will affect the taste?
I tried it on the batch I whipped up this weekend. But I'm not sure how it will compare since I've already got a definite difference due using a different Lemon Juice. I didn't think it would matter but it was def different.

I use raisins in mine. I also omit the tannin in the recipe. I don't know that it changes the flavor profile any. But I feel like it helps with the roundness of the beverage. That could be hocus pocus, though.

I use raisins in mine. I also omit the tannin in the recipe. I don't know that it changes the flavor profile any. But I feel like it helps with the roundness of the beverage. That could be hocus pocus, though.

Zombie thread. Sorry. But I'm researching and I have to ask.. do you use the raisins in place of yeast nutrient, or do you still add it?

Some people do like to use raisins as a natural yeast nutrient, but I think that they're mainly used to give a wine 'body'.

Dicky.

Huh... I definitely remember replying to Tw0fish's shortly after he posted...but apparently it got lost on it's way to the internets...

I believe they are used to add body to the wine... they have tannin so they will support that requirement as noted above... but I still used Yeast Nutrient in my batches. I didn't see a significant difference in batches w/ or w/o raisins... and it just makes racking a pain... so I'm not going to bother with raisins anymore.

Back