Bottling Skeeter Pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanceromance

Reaction score
My first batch of Skeeter Pee is ready for bottling. I was wondering how most of you all bottle it. Wine Bottles with cork? Beer bottles with cap?? Various alcohol bottles with srew caps??

I think the vast majority of homebrewers that bottle use standard bottles and caps, specialty and belgian beers can be put into fancy crked bottles, but the bottles, and the corks and such can be more expensive than plain 12oz bottles and caps. I have about 100 12 oz bottles, and 20+ 22oz bottles, and I rarely use them because I mainly keg now.

But if I plan to go to a friends house or plan to give away some beers, I have a supply to bottle from the keg.

Having said that if I were to make a "BIG" beer, like a belgian quad, or a RIS, Barleywine or something of the sort, I would prime and bottle age it.

So that is my opinion, I'd say the majority of homebrewer's that bottle are bottling with standard caps and bottles.

I bottle mine in 12 ounce single serving bottles with crown caps. The reason I do it this way is that I most often serve it as a thirst quenching refreshment. After cutting the grass on a hot day, I like to be able to grab a bottle out of the fridge, pop the top, and slug it down. You could go with bigger bottles and serve it using glasses if you'd like. I serve most of my Skeeter Pee outdoors, and beer bottles are much more durable than wine glasses. You can finish a SP and just toss the empty into the grass before opening another. The bottles can be collected the next morning if you'd like.

Back