• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

My Collection of Branded, British beer Glasses.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Reaction score
These are not for sale. They are free to a good home. Ive collected 74 branded beer glasses over the years and I just havent got the space to keep them (Thats not exactly true. It was more the wife saying "get those bloody glasses moved". So, I thought Id offer them to you guys in the US, as I know how much you like them. I dont want any money for them just enough to cover P+P.
I have loads of different names ie. Guinness x 16 different styles, Fullers, Worthingtons, Wye Valley, Ansell, M and B, Hook Norton etc. I also have a few European glasses ie Amstell, Duval, Kronenberg.
Now I know this is hard because you cant trust everyone nowadays so what I prepose to do,is, Ill post the first one and on recieving the money to cover P+P Ill post the second one. If you are interested and looking for a particular glass please let me know. They are all very good qualtiy, but a few are a bit scratched/well used. This is not a scam just a good will gesture from a British Homebrewer.
PM me or e-mial for a photo.
Best Wishes Johnnyboy

Yeah I'm interested but I have no idea how much it would cost to ship from England. Are you going to post the first glass? That's how a read your original post. Interested to see what it is.

Im willing to post the first glass and well take it from there. So if you recieve a glass and dont bother to send the P+P then I wont send anymore (actually I will, but Im sure you undertand I dont want to be out of pocket too many times).
I think it will cost about £3.00 or approx $4.50 ( gong on old exchange rates )

Yeah that sounds good. I can't see you getting burned from the users on this site but be careful for your own sake. To get cheated while trying to do something nice is always hard to swallow.

I'd love to get one if I could. I'm open to almost anything, but would prefer something that's not a guinness since you can find those here. I'm sure shipping to Canada wouldn't cost any more than to the USA.

I'm willing to pay for the postage up front. I think it makes more sense for the recipient to take the risk than for you to take it.

I'd love to get one if I could. I'm open to almost anything, but would prefer something that's not a guinness since you can find those here. I'm sure shipping to Canada wouldn't cost any more than to the USA.

I'm willing to pay for the postage up front. I think it makes more sense for the recipient to take the risk than for you to take it.

Im a good natured (sp) person. Thanks for your reply.

Well done you lot. I think the best way is for me to post some photos in groups of five and take your pic.
Im really glad someone wants these as I nearly threw them out.

Johhnyboy1965:

Must be a lot of interest already as you pm box is full.

I am interested in some of your glasses. Any Belgium tulip glasses? I would love those. Any stem glasses (Hook Norton?) would also be great.

If any of your glasses fit I would love to see some pics. Thanks for doing this I know it would have been alot easier to just toss em. Now they will have a new life in a new land:D

Johhnyboy1965:

Must be a lot of interest already as you pm box is full.

I am interested in some of your glasses. Any Belgium tulip glasses? I would love those. Any stem glasses (Hook Norton?) would also be great.

If any of your glasses fit I would love to see some pics. Thanks for doing this I know it would have been alot easier to just toss em. Now they will have a new life in a new land:D

Hook Norton is my local brewery (20 miles) but Im not sure they do a |"tulip glass". The only HookNorton glass Ive got X 3 is a straight pint glass.

ILL phone them tommorrow to see if thet do a tulip glass.

Hook Norton is a great traditioal brewery, and really dont mind giving away glasses

When I first read your post I hadn't heard of them so I went to their site. Great collection of real ales. They have a stem glass. If you come in possession of one it would make a nice addition.

http://www.hooknortonbrewery.co.uk/acatalog/Glasses_Tankards_and_Mugs.html

(Off topic warning) when my wife and I went on our honeymoon to Europe 7 years ago we volunteered pouring at the Bedford Real Ale Festival. There were over 150 real ales from all over England. I hadn't started homebrewing yet and didn't fully grasp what a incredible collection of cask conditioned beers I was enjoying. Wish I took better notes.

I'd love to have the Duvel glass and an odd / interesting Guinness glass or 2. Just let me know how to get some funds to you for shipping and what-not.

THANKS!

Would love a Hobgoblin glass if you have one - any other Wychwood brewery glass.

PM Me if you have any.

THx.

I am interested in pretty much anything (I like to collect). Pm me with what you are willing to ship (let some other people get a chance and not be greedy) and I can send you paypal an estimate for shipping so you know you wont be out of pocket with me ;)

Im still collecting boxes to ship these glasses out in. I think Iv e-mailed everyone on the list on a "first come, first served" basis.
We are having terrible weather in the UK at the moment and the postal srevice are stuggling to keep up with dliveries, so Im going to leave posting until the New Year.
With reference to HN tulip glasses... they do make these but they have to charge for them. Ive spoke to a "contact" who siad that they can sell me them at a discounted price if I buy 20. The same rules will apply. I will post the first one and on recieving the funds, I will post the second one etc etc.

Im still collecting boxes to ship these glasses out in. I think Iv e-mailed everyone on the list on a "first come, first served" basis.
We are having terrible weather in the UK at the moment and the postal srevice are stuggling to keep up with dliveries, so Im going to leave posting until the New Year.
With reference to HN tulip glasses... they do make these but they have to charge for them. Ive spoke to a "contact" who siad that they can sell me them at a discounted price if I buy 20. The same rules will apply. I will post the first one and on recieving the funds, I will post the second one etc etc.

I think you missed sending me an email but that is to be expected with all the replies you got :rockin: . I am still interested in any glasses, you can email me at [email protected] instead of using site mail because that fills up quick. As I said before I will gladly pay for shipping of the glasses no problem up front.

I am also still very interested in some glassware. I PM'ed several weeks ago without response, I hope I am not too late to snag some authentic pub glasses. Please email me [email protected] Just like bubbachunk, i will gladly cover shipping upfront so you have no risk. Thanks.

Its time to resurect this post.
First of all. I really do apologise for not sorting this out earlier work/home/family/ you know what its like. Ive also managed to loose all the PM`s form people who wanted these glasses. Ive still got all the glasses as per OP and I will recognize the original e-mail addresses when I see them. Ive emptied my PM box and I will give preference to the first people who replied.
Ive collected loads of boxes suitable for shipping so I am ready to go.
Same rules as OP. Ill post the first glass and on receiving payment for P+P Ill post the second etc etc etc. Once again I apologize for taking so long.
P.S. If you want Guinness glasses you will definatley get them as I have got at least 30 of them in different styles.
Best wishes Johnnyboy

I would be more than happy to take one off your hands! Let me know if there is something that has not been claimed by the original people. Thanks!

I would be more than happy to take one off your hands! Let me know if there is something that has not been claimed by the original people. Thanks!

I can send a Guinness or a Wye Valley or a Hook Norton straight away. Im keeping the Fullers and the Duvel until I recognize ome of the original replies.

johnnyboy i defintely would like to purchase a few glasses. I know I PM'd you and I think posted as well. I am trying to put togetehr an authentic pub atmosphere in my den, 4 taps in the wall with dark cherry cabinets. I would really like to pick up several authentic glasses to display. Guinness for sure, beyond that I am not real picky

johnnyboy i defintely would like to purchase a few glasses. I know I PM'd you and I think posted as well. I am trying to put togetehr an authentic pub atmosphere in my den, 4 taps in the wall with dark cherry cabinets. I would really like to pick up several authentic glasses to display. Guinness for sure, beyond that I am not real picky

Yes I remember your name. Thanks for getting back. What do you want?
I know its hard to state this But If you give me some idea?

jbirch.., Ive tried to -mail you a pic but I dont think you recieved it. PM me your home address and Ill send you a Wye Valley, a Guinness and a Hock Norton.
Ill confirm the P+P before I send

Latest posts

Back