Brew now for great tasting winter brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redalert

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. Most people brew low gravity easy drinking "lawnmower beers right now" but should have probably brewed their lawnmower beers in winter and now cracked them open. My point is if you have a fermentation fridge and want that awesome Thanksgiving or Christmas brew than I would urge you to brew that beer now and not in October.

my fourth brew since starting this awesome thing is a bourbon stout which will begin this week; I am then torn between an Oktoberfest or an Aventinus clone. Seven times at the real deal in Munich against my absolute favorite weitzen of all time.... decisions, decisions . . .

Brewing it now, as in it boils away on the stove as I type. Good to know there are people giving out reminders though.

Excellent reminder!

My next up is an Oktoberfest of sorts but I have in the back of my head to brew an xmas ale of some description. I did do a porter the other day which will sit and age until the fall so having an xmas ale right behind it is a good idea.

Cheers!!

Yummmm....Aventinus.... My second brew was an Aventinus clone. Still loving it.

Funny this should be brought up, as my next brew happens to be a winter warmer. At 8-9%, I think it's a good idea to start early...hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

I just brewed a barleywine last Wednesday, but of course that thing will likely just have made it into the bottle by Christmas. So I still need the holiday / winter beer. I brewed the Midwest Winter Ale last Summer, and it was very nice during the Winter. That was my last extract beer, and now that I'm brewing AG, maybe I'll try the same beer that way. Or maybe something else.....gotta brew soon.

Very good reminder as I'm building my brew order covering the next few months. I'm usually about 2 months behind in the season because I forget!thanks.

I brewed an Imperial Amber recently and an Old Ale's up next. Those won't necessarily be my X-Mas beers, but they'll be nice when the cold weather arrives.

Last year's X-Mas Ale was brewed in late September. That was the most popular beer so far in Croatia, but I managed to hold onto two bottles that I plan on popping on X-Mas. A gift to myself.

Good reminder. I just brewed a Wit and a Saison, and that should hold me while I brew up a strong christmas ale. So many choices. Plus I want to brew a IIPA too. I got hops that I need to use up.

My plan once I obtain a chest freezer here is backwards - use it for ale fermentation control in the warm months, lagering in the cold months. Ah well, my tastebuds never quite went with the "right" seasons anyways.

I just ordered my grain for my Summer Solstice Tripel. I'll brew it on the solstice, and let it bottle condition until the Winter Solstice. I did that last year and it came out great.

Back