Help me clean out my brew closet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVBeerBaron

Reaction score
I'm about to rack an IPA (pliny clone actually) and will have a large yeast cake of WhiteLabs California Ale Yeast to put to use. I also have a bunch of hops sitting in the fridge and want to use them up. Will you guys help me think of something to brew with what I have?

Here's what hops are in the fridge:

Amarillo
Centennial
Palisade
Magnum
Chinook
Columbus

Be it known: I attempted an ipa with a combination of some of these and it tasted like grapefruit:(. i do not want to repeat this! haha

Thanks for the help :mug:

I'm thinking a hoppy amber ale. What do you think of this?

7lbs extra light DME
8oz crystal 60
8oz crystal 120
4oz flaked barley
5oz carapils

0.125oz each magnum, columbus, and palisade every 10 minutes beginning at 60 min, down to knockout. This results in 57.6 IBU's

dry hop with .5oz each palisade and columbus

If you want to use a bunch of hops I would try to make a "late addition ONLY hops". Jamil and Fred Bonujour have tried this with great results. I have a Centennial Pale ale conditioning right now. Tasted great(if you like hops) going into the kegs. Still needs a few more weeks then it's getting tapped.
Here's his recipe, I used Centennial instead of amarillo
http://beerdujour.com/Recipes/AmarilloPaleAle.htm

Latest posts

Back