Amazing discovery/coincidence today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
So while out running some errands today, decided to look at a few stores for a cooler for a new MLT. After some okay finds and decent prices, I was about to buy a 40qt coleman for $20 (which isn't that bad) when SWMBO suggested we check Savers first before making any purchases (Savers is a mosty-clothes thrift shop but there is a small home section.)

Well we get there and would you know it, tucked in the corner underneath a shelf with a sewing machine and a waffle iron sat a 48qt coleman cooler with a quick drain plug. I thought, "Wow, how could this get any better?" Then I noticed it didn't have a price tag, so the clerk and I decided $4.99 was a fair price.

Once home I run leak/insulation/drain-plug-size tests and it works AMAZING for being assembled circa 1985. I tried using the 3/8" tubing I already have and it fit snug enough to keep any liquids from escaping. After buying an SS braid and something to control flow, my MLT cost a whopping $10.

I owe SWMBO some hardcore kudos for making my day ^_^

*GLEE* :mug:

Back