Midwest Supplies deal on groupon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblism

Reaction score
I know this is more of a classifieds item, but would be great for anyone new to brewing. Also good for anyone who needs another fermenting bucket or bottling bucket.

I just finished the autumn ale and it is pretty tasty for those wondering.

I also know that midwest runs this deal on various cities on groupon on a consistent basis.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/midwest-hydro-sd?c=dnb&p=2

Try this link if the first one isn't working
http://slickdeals.net/?ddid=167191

You can sign up through this link if you want to help a fellow homebrewer out or just sign up regularly
http://www.groupon.com/r/uu22906610

Midwest offers a selection of yeasts to accompany the kit. The one that I purchased came with muntons. I'd like to use different yeast next time I brew a batch but don't know what yeast to choose from. Obviously, certain yeasts are better suited for different beers. I read about the activator yeast and saw that you only have to smack the package and then pour it into the wort. Is this true or does this yeast also need a starter?

Bought this deal a few weeks ago. Waiting to bottle Autumn Amber Ale. I hope it turns out really good.

I brewed this kit back in February. It is just now tasting good. It is really good tho. Be patient with this beer and it will reward you.

Slurm said:
I brewed this kit back in February. It is just now tasting good. It is really good tho. Be patient with this beer and it will reward you.

Agreed ...took longer than usual for this beer to be real good

I brewed mine in the end of February as well, its been in the primary for 6 weeks right now and the flavor is good, will be my first kegged beer so I will give it a month or so for it to fully develop.

Ahhh, so I shouldn't bottle after two weeks in the primary? Damn, I can't take waiting this long. I'm going to have to start another batch of something to take my mind off this beer. I'll try and wait 3 weeks to bottle. 1 week to go!

Brewed the Amber just this passed Sunday. Am I really going to have to wait that long, even if fermentation is well done with?

The only reason I havn't put it in the keg yet is because I don't have any kegs yet, I usually have aimed for 3-4 weeks in the primary on all of my other brews (Have only made 25 gallons so far)

With the wyeast activator you don't HAVE to do a starter, especially with a lower grav beer like that.

I'm finishing up my last bottle of Autumn Amber Ale sometime this week and I can tell you it got much better over time. I wish I would've waited longer before I started drinking it. It's been about 10 weeks since I bottled (left it in the primary for 3 weeks before that.

jaycount said:
With the wyeast activator you don't HAVE to do a starter, especially with a lower grav beer like that.

I'm finishing up my last bottle of Autumn Amber Ale sometime this week and I can tell you it got much better over time. I wish I would've waited longer before I started drinking it. It's been about 10 weeks since I bottled (left it in the primary for 3 weeks before that.

Thanks again jaycount. You keep solving my home brew problems lol. I'll get the wyeast activator next time.

Back