Question about 5 Star Liquid Line Cleaner (LLC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
The instructions say 1/2 oz per gallon. The container that came with the kit is only a quart, so measuring out .125 oz would be a royal PITA, I guess I have to mix a gallon at a time. Question is will it keep?

For anyone else that was looking for this information, I got the following response from Five Star. He mentions Star San because I was asked if it could be stored in the same manner (closed container).

Paul,

LLC will last for a long time if stored in a closed container and out of sun light. The solution will only go bad as it comes in contact with dirt or organic material.

The Star San is a little bit different. Yes, you can keep a solution for a long time, however, the quality of the water will effect the solution. If you used DI water, than it will stay good for a very long time. Tap water can cause the star san to go bad after a day. The way to tell is if the pH is below 3.5 and the solution is still clear. When it goes cloudy it is turning bad.

Jon Herskovits

Five Star

Back